African Conservation Centre
(hereinafter “African Conservation Centre” or “ACC”) WEBSITE (“website” or “site”)
1. Copyright Notice – African Conservation Centre, 2005. All rights reserved. Certain articles or materials contained on this web site are also separately copyrighted.
2. Trademark Notice – African Conservation Centre, the ACC logo and associated trademarks are owned by the African Conservation Centre. All rights reserved.
3. Warranty and Liability Disclaimer - EXCEPT AS LIMITED BY LAW, AFRICAN CONSERVATION CENTRE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS WEBSITE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK OR PATENT RIGHTS OF OTHERS, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL AFRICAN CONSERVATION CENTRE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE OR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ITS WEBSITE.
4. Waiver of Responsibility for Defective or Contaminated Materials - The African Conservation Centre disclaims responsibility for any errors or omissions, including technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, ACC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files made available for downloading will be free of “viruses”, “infections” or similar software contaminations which may render the software useless or cause damage or destruction to user’s hardware, software or system(s). Users are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and protections against possible damage. Use of ACC’ website and the Internet in general is at the user’s own risk.
5. User Rules - In order to maintain an efficient and effective site that addresses the needs and interests of its viewers, the following rules apply to the use of this site:
a.users may not post or transmit any message that is libelous, defamatory or obscene, or violates any other person’s copyrights, privacy rights, trademarks, trade secrets or rights in any confidential information. The user hereby indemnifies ACC for any and all damages suffered by third parties as a result of user’s violation of this rule.
b.users may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program with the intent to threaten the safety of others and/or with the effect of causing a reasonable person to perceive a threat to his or her safety.
c.a user who posts information to this site represents that it is the sole owner of materials posted by it or that is has the right to license their use.
d.users acknowledge and agree that ACC may take appropriate action in order to prevent the misuse of the site to disseminate information, statements or materials that may be abusive, destructive, harmful or threatening to the safety of others or in order to comply with any law or regulation of any government entity.
e.users may not interfere with other users’ use of the site, including, but not limited to, the disruption of the normal flow or use of the service.
f.users may not post or transmit any contaminated or destructive files
g.the use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments expressed in such materials.
h.users hereby grant ACC a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, perform, display and distribute its posting, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print, electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. ACC shall not be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. Notwithstanding anything contained in this subparagraph, ACC shall delete all identifying information relating to users in the subsequent use(s) of such postings.
6. Use of Materials - Users may download, print or transmit information from the site subject to the following conditions:
a. the appropriate copyright and/or trademark notice must be affixed to each copy downloaded, transmitted or printed;
b. use of materials available from the site must be for personal or informational purposes only and in no instance may be used for commercial purposes;
c. materials available from this site may not be modified in any manner;
d. no materials available from this site (including links from pages on other websites) can be used, copied or distributed separate from the accompanying text.
7. Choice of Law - These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kenya.
ACC may collect anonymous information about users who visit our Site and aggregate this anonymous information for statistical analysis. For instance, we may use it to determine usage patterns so we know which parts of our Site are most popular. Examples of the type of anonymous information we collect and how we collect it are:
Internet Tags: provide information about your browser (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator), operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh), Internet service provider and similar information.
IP Addresses: a number assigned to your computer by a Web server when you are on the Internet; we might use IP address information to determine the number of users who have visited a specific area of our Site. Please note we could use this information to identify you if necessary to comply with legal requirements or for security issues.
Personally Identifiable Information
What is Personally Identifiable Information? Personally Identifiable Information ("Your Information") includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address.
How We Collect Your Information. ACC collects Your Information only when you voluntarily provide it to us on our Site, such as during an online transaction to purchase subscriptions, make donations, sign up to receive emails. You may need to provide Your Information to participate in certain ACC programs and activities or receive certain services or offers.
How We Use Your Information. ACC will use Your Information for the purpose for which you give it to us (e.g., to complete, membership, subscription, or program registration). We may use Your Information to send you occasional postal and/or electronic mailings about ACC and its programs that we think interest you. ACC may also use Your Information to send you occasional postal and/or electronic mailings about third parties whose information or services we think may be of interest to you.
Your Ability to Choose. You may "opt out" of receiving information that ACC sends to you by unsubscribing to the mailing list, following instructions in the applicable information sent to you, or by contacting ACC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Share Your Information. ACC may share Your Information with third parties that perform services for ACC, such as fulfilling magazine subscriptions. ACC also reserves the right to disclose Your Information in circumstances that ACC deems necessary or appropriate, such as to respond to legal process or request from a governmental agency, security reasons or similar situations.
Please note that if you become a Member or subscribe to conservation bulletin magazine through our Site, Your Information may be shared with third parties (e.g., other nonprofit organizations, marketers) whose information or services we think may be of interest to you. These third parties may wish to communicate with you by regular mail or email or share your information with others. If you do not want the service provider to communicate with you or share your information, you will need to contact ACC at: email@example.com
ACC strives to keep Your Information secure and safeguard it from unauthorized access. However, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you provide Your Information at your own risk.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site may include links to other Web sites that may be of interest to you. Any links are provided only as a convenience and do not imply any endorsement of another site. Be sure to read the privacy policies on other sites other Web sites.
Review and Correction
If you would like to review or correct the information that you provided to ACC (or if you have comments or questions about our Site), you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org